Our community involvement
P. Gagnon and Son is very proud of our long tradition of community involvement and charitable giving. As a 110+ year old family business it is our responsibility to help out when we can within the towns we serve as well as the broader community.
Several of our employees serve as volunteer firefighters in South Berwick, Berwick and Eliot and they have for years. When they are needed to respond to an emergency during work hours, we let them go- no problem. Our folks provide our towns with decades of vital firefighting experience.
We are proud supporters of the Pan Mass Challenge cycling event and have been for over 15 years. The PMC is the largest athletic fundraising event in the United States. In 2014 the PMC raised over $41,000,000 that was donated to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston to fund cancer research and improve patient care.
Our folks coach youth sports teams, volunteer in the schools, are members of town boards and contribute in many ways to help keep the towns we live in vibrant. We are thrilled to be able to help out. Here are a handful of other examples of organizations we have supported:
- Old Berwick Historical Society
- Center for Wildlife
- American Diabetes Association
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Waban Projects Incorporated
- Housing Partnership
- Jimmy Fund
- South Berwick Rotary Club
- Eliot Lions Club
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Marshwood and Noble Sports and Arts Boosters
- South Berwick Community Chorus
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Kittery Recreation
- Hospice of York
- Special Olympics of Maine
- Eliot Community Service Department
- Seacoast Repertory Theater
- William Fogg Library
- Marshwood Education Foundation
- Dover Youth Hockey
- South Berwick Rod and Gun Club
- South Berwick Library
We’re always looking for new opportunities to help our friends and neighbors and the community at large. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please contact us.