If the long-term weather forecast stays accurate, this coming winter will look and feel a lot like last year. Yuck!
But as bad as it was last year, we have seen worse. After all, P. Gagnon and Son has taken care of folks for 110 years, and we…
- Get your heating system tune-up completed. Tune-ups keep your system running at maximum effi ciency—which saves you money as well as improving your comfort.
- Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans so you can circulate warm air downward (where you can feel it). You’ll be able to keep your thermostat…
- Always there for you. Our staff is ready to respond with fast service whenever you need us. We always have enough drivers and trucks, and our vehicles are maintained properly, so we can get to you no matter what the weather conditions are.
- Training and more training.
We invest in…
- operating unvented appliances for long periods of time
- a heating system that’s out of adjustment or damaged
- backdrafts caused by pressure imbalances near the heating appliance
- leaving a vehicle idling in an attached garage
During fall, winter and early spring, many vacation homes are either lightly used or closed entirely. But that doesn’t mean the forces of nature take a break too.
That is why you might want to join the many customers who ask us to look in on things during the off-season,…
Total U.S. crude oil production next year is on track to reach 9.3 million barrels per day—the highest level since 1972! The United States is now the biggest oil producer in the world, overtaking Saudi Arabia and Russia. Crude oil output will continue to surge and will top 13.1 million…
If you smell gas, don’t take any chances. After only the quickest glance at the on/off knobs on your stove (to see if that’s the source of the problem), open a window or two as you quickly exit the house with your family. Do not smoke or operate lights,…
It’s always tempting to save a few bucks by doing as many home repairs as possible. However, your repair list should never include doing work on any gas appliance. That’s true whether it’s a stove, a dryer, a water heater or a furnace. Those are jobs that should always be…
Identifying carbon monoxide (CO) leaks can be complex because sometimes there are various causes, including:
If this winter proves to be like the one we had last year, you’ll need a heating system that can stand up to extremely cold temperatures without breaking down—or running up the bill on heating costs.
If your furnace or boiler is more than 15 years old, you could…